09:30 - 10:15 - Opening address: The importance of mountains for sustainable development - Martin Price - University of the Highlands and Islands/UNESCO. EscóciaDownload
10:30 - 12:00 - Round table 1: Challenges for sustainable action and management of mountain environments.
1. Participatory Guarantee Systems - Celso Merola Junger. Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and and Food Supply /SFA-RJ, Brazil. Download
2. Mountain Partnership in action- Rosalaura Romeo - Mountain Partnership/FAO, Italy. Download
3. Alto Camaquã: a regional development concept with a territorial approach l - Marcos Flavio Silva Borba. Embrapa Pecuária Sul, Brasil. Download
14:00 - 15:30 - Round Table 2: Experiences of payment for environmental services in mountain areas.
1. Public policies and payments for ecosystem services and Atlantic Forest Project Connection - Gilberto Pereira, Instituto Terra de Preservação Ambiental, Brasil Download
2. Payment for environmental service with focus on water resources of the Paraíba do Sul river basin Flavio Monteiro dos Santos - AGEVAP – Agência de Bacia Brasil. Download
3. Payment for ecosystem services in European mountain fores - João Azevedo. Centro de Investigação de Montanhas, Portugal. Download
17:00 - 18:30 - Round table 3: Experiences in visitation and conservation in mountain landscapes.
1. Sustainable products and services generated in high biodiversity areas - Sebastián Malizia, ProYungas. Tucumán, Argentina. Download
2. Diversity of visitation opportunities in mountains: aspects of public policies - Renata Bradford. CBME, Brazil. Download
3. Long course routes as visiting and conservation instruments - Pedro Menezes. ICMBio, Brazil. Download
08:00 - 09:30 - Round table 4: National policy for mountain environments..
1. Policy initiatives in research and development in Portugal- Isabel Ferreira. Policy initiatives in research and development in Portugal. Download
2. The National Research and Conservation Program in mountain environments - Gustavo Martinelli. Instituto de Pesquisas Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Download
3. The Agriculture Census as a tool for planning in mountain areas: profile of the Brazilian agriculture at different altitudes . António Carlos Simões Florido. IBGE, Brasil. Download
14:00 - 16:00 - Round Table 5: : Impacts of climate change and experiences of action related to natural disasters: an interdisciplinary approach.
1. The megadisaster of the Rio de Janeiro mountain region and collective action for facing natural threats and reduce environmental disasters - Leonardo Esteves Freitas. Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.. Download
2. The national strategy project of the Integrated Management of Risks in Natural Disasters – gides – yhe experience Nova Friburgo municipality – danger and risk mapping axis of mass gravitational movements. Pedro Higgens – Technical Advisor of the Enviromental Secretary of Nova Friburgo. Download
3. Transdisciplinary research for climate change adaptation in the Andes: Generating systems, target, and transformation knowledge - Sarah-Lan Mathez-Stiefel. Centre for Development and Environment (CDE) and World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), Peru. Download
09:30 - 10:30 - Keynote Address: Mapping Mountains: lessons from global and European experiences – Martin Price - University of the Highlands and Islands/UNESCO. Escócia. Download
11:15 - 12:15 - Keynote Address 2: Keynote Address 2: Reduction and management of disaster risk: the challenge of connecting science to practice- – Irasema Alcántara Ayala - Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico. Download
10:00 - 11:00 - Presentation of scientific journals focusing on mountain issues. Download
14:15 - 15:15 - Keynote address 3: Making connections for our changing mountains: The role of the Mountain Research Initiative in connecting people and knowledge for sustainable mountain development. Ricardo Grau. MRI-Mountains Research Initiative. Universidade Nacional de Tucumán. Argentina. Download
16:45 - 17:00 - Lumont - The Lusophony Mountain Research Network. - João Azevedo. Mountain Research Centre, Polytechnic Institute of Bragança, Portugal. - João Azevedo. Mountain Research Centre, Polytechnic Institute of Bragança, Portugal. Download